BREAKING NEWS: Pule Mabe Says Court Case Is Hindering His ANC Work

Johannesburg – Former African National Congress National Spokesperson Pule Mabe has said his current court case is affecting his ability to contribute to the work of the organisation.

Mabe made the remarks on Tuesday, stating that the legal proceedings are limiting his capacity to participate fully in ANC activities. He did not provide further detail on the nature of the case or its status.

The ANC has not commented publicly on Mabe’s statement. Court records indicate the matter is still before the courts.

Mabe served as the party’s national spokesperson before stepping down from the role in 2022. He has previously said he intends to clear his name through the judicial process.

Mabe said he remains a committed ANC member and continues to support the party’s objectives despite his reduced involvement. He added that he would comply with all legal requirements as the matter progresses.

Political analysts note that pending legal matters often restrict party officials from taking on formal roles or public duties while proceedings are underway. The ANC’s code of conduct allows for members facing charges to step aside from active positions until the matter is resolved.

No court date for the next hearing has been announced. Mabe’s legal team has not issued a statement, and the National Prosecuting Authority has also not commented on the case.

Comments