BREAKING NEWS: R200M KZN Hawks Cocaine Heist ‘Orchestrated’ – Top Cop Drops Bombshell at Madlanga Commission
A senior police official has alleged that the R200 million cocaine heist involving the KwaZulu-Natal Hawks was orchestrated, during testimony at the Madlanga Commission on Tuesday.
The official, described as a “top cop” in proceedings, told the commission that the incident was not a random criminal act but had been planned and directed. No names of individuals or groups were disclosed during the public session.
The Madlanga Commission is currently examining allegations of criminality and misconduct within law enforcement structures. The cocaine seizure and subsequent disappearance of evidence have been a focal point of the inquiry.
The commission chair said the claims would be tested against available evidence and that further witnesses are expected to appear. The South African Police Service has not yet responded publicly to the testimony. The commission’s proceedings are ongoing.
Legal experts say the allegations, if substantiated, could have serious implications for accountability within the Hawks and for public trust in specialised units. The commission’s mandate includes making findings and recommendations on institutional integrity.
Several civil society organisations monitoring the proceedings have called for the commission to ensure witness protection and transparency in handling sensitive evidence. They argue that public confidence in the criminal justice system depends on a thorough and impartial process.
The Madlanga Commission was established to investigate allegations of interference, corruption, and criminal conduct within the SAPS. Hearings are set to continue over the coming weeks, with additional testimony from current and former police officials expected.

Comments
Post a Comment