BREAKING NEWS: Third Suspect Arrested in Kruger National Park Double Murder Case


Skukuza – A third suspect linked to last month’s double murder in the Kruger National Park has been arrested in Zimbabwe, South African Police Service and SANParks confirmed on Friday.

Police say the 26-year-old Mozambican national fled across the border after two other suspects were apprehended in Mozambique. The victims’ vehicle was also recovered in Mozambique during those initial arrests.

SAPS Limpopo spokesperson said the suspect was traced and detained in Zimbabwe through cooperation with Zimbabwean authorities and Interpol. Extradition proceedings are expected to follow.

The double murder occurred inside the Kruger National Park last month. SAPS has not released the identities of the victims or suspects pending formal court processes and family notifications.

All three suspects are expected to face charges including murder, possession of illegal firearms, and trespassing in a protected area. They will appear in court once extradition and transfer arrangements are completed.

SANParks said investigations are ongoing and more details will be released as the case proceeds through the courts.

Comments